Our meetings will take place the last Wednesday of every month at
1:00 pm (Paris/Berlin)
– AUTUMN 2022 –
September 28, 2022
Chairs : Alejandra Recalde and Maxime Tourte
- Dr. Burak Avci. Postdoctoral scholar, Thijs Ettema’s lab, Wageningen University, NL. Spatial separation of ribosomes and DNA in Asgard Archaeal cells
- Dr. Logan Hodgkiss, Green Labs Austria. Sharing the vision of more sustainable research
October 26, 2022
Chairs : Andries Peeters and Brendan Schroyen
- Martijn Wissink. PhD candidate, Welte’s group, Radboud University, NL. Developping diagnostic tools to discriminate between anerobic bacterial and archaeal methane oxidisers
- Dr. Mohea Couturier. Postdoctoral researcher, Peeters Lab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium. Detection of DNA methylations by SMRT and nanopore sequencing.
November 30, 2022
- Rokhsareh (Roxy) Mohammadzadeh. PhD candidate, Moissl-Eichinger´s group, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria. Partnership between Methanobrevibacter smithii clades and different microbial taxa in the human gut.
- Katharina Kitzinger. Senior Scientist, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria. Urea fuels open ocean nitrification
– SPRING 2022 –
March 30, 2022
Chairs : Burak Avci and Julianne Megaw
- Marleen van Wolvereen. Senior scientist, University of Freiburg. Archaea.bio, a collaborative protocol exchange platform for archaeal researchers all around the world
- George Kolyfetis. M.Sc. student, University of Munich. The Null Outlier Clock TESt (NOCTES): a new molecular clock test and its application in Archaea
- Rani Baes. Ph.D. candidate, Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Post-transcriptional regulation of the heat shock response in thermophilic Sulfolobus acidocaldarius
April 27, 2022
Chairs: Catherine Badel and Brittany Baker
- Thomas Thompson. PostDoc, Queeen’s University, Belfast. Mechanism and Evolution of Antibiotic Resistance in Archaea.
- Svetlana Dodonova. Group Leader, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany. Introducing Dodonova Lab: Organisational principles and 3D architecture of archaeal chromatin.
May 25, 2022
Chairs: Brittany Baker and Brendan Schroyen
- Dr. Rafael Laso Perez. PostDoc, National Center of Biotechnology, Madrid. Anaerobic degradation of alkanes by Archaea.
- Dr. Logan Hodgkiss. PostDoc, University of Vienna. Unexpected complexity in the archaeal ammonia monooxygenase.
June 29, 2022
Chairs: Brendan Schroyen and Maxime Tourte
- Chloé Vanden Haute. Master Student, Vrije Universiteit Brussels. Linking gene expression to biopolymer properties in the natural polyhydroxyalkanoate producer Haloferax mediterranei
- Jonathan Gropp. Ph.D. Candidate, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel. Environmental and physiological controls on the isotopic composition of microbiolal CH4.